When it comes to the written word, our writers have the talent and the experience to convey the strongest message to your clients or potential clients. With the growing scarcity of IT talent, it makes sense to have contract writers as part of an overall staffing plan. Many organizations supplement their permanent staff with contract writers who are brought in for specific projects.
The services that Documentia can provide are as follows:
Documentia Inc. can provide you with all the necessary documents custom-built to suit your specific audience and your specific needs.
Editing and Proofreading
Do you already have a writing team in place producing your documentation? After working on the documentation for too long, it can be difficult for the writers to edit their own work effectively.
Documentia can provide you with that objective eye to give your documents a final check before you send them to press and/or out to the client. Our editors can review your documents for any typographical/grammatical errors, but they can also make sure the topics are well-organized and follow a logical flow.
Our team will analyze your technology, evaluate your needs, and provide you with an accurate estimate of the time they’ll need to complete your documentation on time, while ensuring the highest quality. Our writers are fluently bilingual (English/French), so they can work with your existing team easily and professionally.
Losing the Objective Perspective?
Everyone needs a fresh perspective. When you’ve been working on a document for awhile, it can be nigh-impossible to do your own editing. The text is too familiar to be truly objective about it. Typos can creep in. Bizarre wordings seem to appear out of nowhere. Grammatical mistakes can remain hidden amid all that text.
A fresh pair of eyes can spot all that, especially if those eyes are firmly lodged in the head of a person who has been trained to spot them.
Using the services of an editor doesn’t mean that you or your staff are poor writers. It just means that your writers someone could use someone to critique their work, point out flaws previously overlooked, and make suggestions to tighten up style issues.
We don’t need editors, you say? Our software comes with spell-checkers, you say? We say that nothing replaces human judgment. Here are a few examples of flawed phrases that no machine would be able to spot, but a trained editor would find in an instant:
- Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- Ushers will eat latecomers.
- For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- Potluck supper: prayer and medication to follow.
- The 1997 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11.
- Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30 p.m. Please use the back door.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- The ‘Over 60s Choir’ will be disbanded for the summer with the thanks of the entire church.
- The peace-making meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.
- Today, Christian Youth Fellowship House Sexuality Course, 1 pm-8 pm. Please park in the rear parking lot for this activity.
Don’t let your customers become your editors. Don’t let your customers be blinded to your true strengths because of a few typos. Let Documentia ensure that you put your best foot forward rather than be shadowed by mistakes in your copy.